As an Omaha Chiropractor growing up in Millard, I know that you deserve a pain relief choice that doesn’t require drugs or surgery. You want to fix the true cause of the problem quickly and cost effectively. How can I meet your needs?
- A current cost comparison shows chiropractic care can save you 40% over traditional medical care. (4)
- There are multiple articles that indicate chiropractic care has a higher satisfaction rate in both treatments performed and patient relations. (3,1,2))
- You have the best chance to avoid disability choosing an omaha chiropractic treatment versus other health care providers. (5)
- Unlike other treatments that can cover up the cause of back pain creating a future chronic condition, Chiropractic is a superior and more effective treatment for the cause of your symptoms. Chiropractic will also prevent them from reoccurring.
I've learned multiple techniques to provide the most effective care possible. Many of these Chiropractic techniques are used on players in the NFL, NBA, NHL, to speed up recovery time and prevent future injuries. Please see our page on sports performance for more information about these Chiropractic techniques.
It has come to my attention that some people are hesitant to go to an Omaha Chiropractor because they do not have experience with one. There are many myths that go around the public. Here are a few.
Chiropractors and Medical Doctors do not get along.
It is true some Omaha Medical Doctors are not informed on how chiropractic works and the extensive education Chiropractors receive. Yet, I enjoy working with other Omaha Medical Doctors and we treat many M.D.’s. Chiropractic is not based on science.
Chiropractic has years of research to back up the importance of joint biomechanics and how the body should best transfer forces most effectively. All techniques used in my office are evidence based. I pride myself on keeping up with new and current research as it comes out.
Physical Therapy or Massage Therapy will do the same thing.
A chiropractic adjustment is unique therapy that is not found in other massage and physical therapy offices in Nebraska. Chiropractors adjust the joints that help align and repair normal joint function. Chiropractors are also trained in diagnostics and imaging so you do not need a referral to be treated. A chiropractor may refer you to a physical therapist or massage therapist if it is beneficial.
Once you see a chiropractor you always have to go back.
A Chiropractic adjustment is a unique therapy not found in massage and physical therapy offices in Nebraska. A Chiropractic is a fast and effective method to relieve pain. Chiropractic can also work well after the pain has gone away as a prention therapy. Many of my patients choose to have their back checked up and adjusted on a regular schedule so that they keep good joint alignment. This will in turn prevent future chronic conditions. This is equivalent to having a Dentist clean your teeth. Wellness care with Chiropractic Adjustments are not required by out patients but may be recommended on an individual basis.
Chiropractic is only for adults.
Most back pain and joint conditions are not due to old age. This means that even children may require an adjustment. Having an Omaha chiropractor check your children’s spine on a regular basis will help them prevent simple conditions that can become chronic later in life. It will also ensure they develop a healthy spine. Unlike teeth, we all have one spine and it’s important to take care of it from birth. When was the last time a professional evaluate your joint function?
(1) Gaumer G, PhD. Factors Associated With Patient Satisfaction With Chiropractic Care: Survey and Review of the Literature. J Manipulative Physiol Ther, 2006 (Jul);29(6):455-462.
(2) Gennell HA, DC, Hayes BM, DC, Patient Satisfaction With Chiropractic Physicians In An Independent Physicians’ Association. J Manipulative Physiol Ther, 2001 (Nov);24(9):556-559.
(4) Richard LL, Finch FD, et al. Cost of Care for Common Back Pain Conditions Initiated With Chiropractic Doctor vs Medical Doctor/Doctor of Osteopathy as First Physician: Experience of One Tennessee-Based General Health Insurer. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2010;33(9):640-643.
(5) Turner JA, Franklin G, et al. Early predictors of chronic work disability : a prospective, population-based study of workers with back injuries. Spine, 2008;33(25):2809-18.
(6) Vallfors B. Acute, Subacute and Chronic Low Back Pain: Clinical Symptoms, Absenteeism and Working Environment. Scan J Rehab Med Suppl 1985;11: 1-98.